Friday, February 01, 2008

Making Money Online Is Alot Of Work

Sorry it's been so long since I posted here but I haven't had much time for this blog lately as I've been busy having a garage sale on eBay and setting up and maintaining all my other sites. Well, the ones that generate cash anyways. :-) And it's starting to get pretty satisfying. All my hard work is finally starting to pay off and the work is getting alot easier.

Work? Wait a minute Bill! Did you say you were "working"? Oh yes. Working alot. That's right, there's no free lunch folks. If you thought you could make money on the internet without any effort then you should rethink your strategy. :-)

It's a whole lot of work actually. Especially if you count research, mistakes, designing graphics, installing blog templates, installing wordpress, designing ads etc...

Designing graphics? Can't I outsource that kind of work? Oh yes. Very easily.

I choose not to outsource anything at this time because I want to save money. Plus if I do everything myself it will make me learn more. Eventually I WILL outsource a graphics designer but not till I start making more money than I am now.

How much work is it exactly? Well, after getting all the sites set up and looking nice (which took me all of 4 months) here is my routine:

I come home from work and immediately check my email accounts and take care of anything that pops up in there first. Usually I have mail from Tiger Direct with product links for me to add to my blog. I usually post about 5 to 10 products on Bill's Computer Deals.

Then I go to linkshare and search for links to other products for my other 2 blogs. Gadgets and Jewelry. After posting about 10 products each to those blogs I check my earnings at linkshare and then I go to google analytics and check my stats there. I usually spend about an hour there checking all the marketing stats for all my sites.

Sometimes I search for information or news to post to Strange And Cool or Bill's Everyday Life. I haven't been lately though because I'm just way too busy. Sorry. :-( I know everybody loves those sites and I need to work on them more and I will as soon as time will permit. Making money and selling our jewelry is more important than UFO's for us right now though. I'm sure you can relate. :-)

How long did it take you to start earning Bill?

Well, I started the blogs and websites I have now ( I have 4 main websites that generate cash) about a year ago and they are just now starting to get enough visitors to pull money. I use Adsense, Amazon.com, and Linkshare mostly along with google analytics. You HAVE to have google analytics or you're missing the point. Go check it out, do a search for it.

FYI: Linkshare is by far my favorite associate program site. CJ dropped me twice for no reason and I'm not signing up again. I don't like their site anyways.

I was really surprised that my adsense account had almost enough money for the minimum payout the other day when I checked. I hadn't checked my account for about 4 months and then all of a sudden I had 70 bucks in there. Woot! Amazon earnings are picking up too.

SO anyway I'm kinda happy about my affiliate programs earning me some cash but I'm really excited about our new Artisan Jewelry Store.

You see, my wife and I have been making hand crafted jewelry for a long time (about 8 years). We started out making hippie necklaces out of hemp and wood beads and have since then advanced to creating sterling silver forged art wrap pendants and gemstone necklaces and earrings.

We are in the process of building our first online store with OUR OWN PRODUCTS! Yay!

This has been our dream for quite some time now and it's finally turning into a reality so we're both really excited.

It's alot of work though but I know now that it will all be worth it in the end.

Finding materials to do my work is the hardest part. There are so many places to get silver and tools and stuff It's hard to shop for the best prices. Finding a jewelry supplies wholesaler is not very easy when you don't know where to look. I find alot of stuff I can work with on eBay though so that's cool.

Okay so what's yer point Bill?

My point is this: Spend some money, do a little work every day, and DON'T GIVE UP! You might get sick and tired of doing all this work for seemingly nothing but don't give up. It doesn't matter if you're promoting affiliate programs or MLM's they key ingredient to remember is that it takes time for your results to show and it's easy to get discouraged early on. But if you just "keep doing what your doing" and "learn from your mistakes" it will all work out in the end.

Like I said before, I'm no expert by any means but if I can help answer any questions please feel free to post it in a comment and I will be sure to answer it asap and if I don't have the answer I will find someone who does. :-)

P.S. Don't forget to check out our other sites before you go.
Bill Computer Deals
Gadget Kingdom
I Love Silver
Aesthetic Naturals Hand Crafted Artisan Jewelry
Strange And Cool

No comments:

Page copy 

protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape
Copyright 2006 - 2007 fusebox41.com all rights reserved. Privacy Contact me
These pages are best viewed with a screen resolution of 1024 by 768 pixels

Bill's Computer Deals | I Love Silver  | Gadget Kingdom
The Internet Marketing Resource Guide
Strange And Cool